Introduction to Reports
Information is the key to everything. Nobody can argue with that. The ability to get useful information at the right time can separate a successful company from a bankrupt one. That’s why EasyERP implements the flexible, on demand report system.
Thanks to the report module you will be able to configure your own reports, select what data types you would like to see and desired time period. This way, you will be able to get all useful information you need. But what distinguishes useful information from a useless one?
Useful information must be:
- Correct and relevant – this is self-explanatory, incorrect report information could only harm your business
- On time – if the report data is late then it has no value
- Pure – if the report gives you all kinds of data this is not always a good thing. Because, probably, you don’t need all the given data, and that you might miss something useful.
So, to open the EasyERP reports module simply click on the corresponding button in the main left-side menu, as shown below.
When you open it up for the first time then you will see the empty reports page as shown below on the screenshot:
Let us explain to you the elements meaning in this menu, and what do they do. At the top of the screen, you can see the New button. As you may guess, it serves to create a new report.
Currently, you can create the following report types:
We will describe all of them in detail in the next chapters of this EasyERP report module documentation. Below the New button, you see report type filter. Its purpose is to let you browse through the reports faster and more efficient. To filter the reports by type, simply tap on the arrow on the right size. You will see a drop-down list with all the report types, then check the box with a report type that you are interested in. Here is an example:
On the left side of the table, you can see the categories list. It is made for a more efficient browsing through reports. You can select what kind of reports you would like to display simply by clicking on these categories:
- Recent – shows five newest reports;
- Favorite – displays reports that you have marked as favorite;
- Created By Me – allows you to view only reports that were created from current account;
- Private – shows reports marked as private;
- Public – display only private reports;
- All – view all reports.
Below the filter you can see a table with all the reports that contain the following columns:
- Favorite – you are able to select your favorite reports. To do simply tap on the star. The star will become filled.
- Name – name of the report will be displayed here;
- Description – short definition of the report;
- Access – this field shows the type of access to the report. It can be private or public. Private – only you can see that report, public – report is visible to everybody;
- Edited by – username of the creator, or the last person who had edited the structure of the report shown here;
- Type – displays the type of the report;
- Date range – the time period used to collect data for a report.
Reports will be displayed in this table. To open one simply click on it. Also, you have the ability to edit, copy and delete a report. In order to achieve this click on the corresponding icons on the left side of the report row. Here is how they look:
Now let’s break down the process of creating a new report.View the original page