Inventory management system has to have an ability to transfer your inventory items between warehouses. It is crucial for a successful and reliable administration over your storehouses. For that purpose there is a transactions section in EasyERP.
When you open it you will see a list of stock transactions that already happened in chronological order. If you see no operations that means that there were no inventory transactions made, you can create one by pressing button New, or you can view the information about already created transaction by pressing anywhere on the row with an item. The transactions menu looks like this:
As you can see there are next columns:
- Date – when did transaction occur;
- Name – name of the transaction;
- From – the warehouse for which did item has to be moved;
- To – the destination warehouse, where item has to be moved;
- Stages of the transaction.
There are 4 stages of the inventory transaction:
- Printed – transaction note has been printed. To do so you have to create new transaction and fill in all mandatory fields;
- Packed – items have been located and packed. They are ready for transfer to another warehouse;
- Shipped – the package with transferred items were sent. They are no longer located on the sender warehouse;
- Received – transferred items were accepted by the target warehouse, and checked for damage and content accordance.
If the stage of transaction was passed the representing icon will turn from red cross to green tick.
You can sort this elements like in many other menu in EasyERP, by clicking on the column identifier and, you already know, that to sort it in the reverse order you have to click on that field again. Also you can search through transactions, most of EasyERP menus have the Search field that helps you find the information in more efficient way, when there are a lot of items displayed. To open up search menu press on the triangle on the right side of the search bar.
To search by the name just start to type in the name of the transaction. There are three options to filter all items in this menu:
- From – will display the list of your warehouses that are registered in the system, you can choose to show only that transaction which were made from this warehouse;
- To – select destination warehouse;
- Status – select one of the 4 statuses, to display only transactions in that status.
Also you can create your own filters and save to favorites. All you have to do is to configure your filter using form shown higher, and click on favorites, input the name of your filter, and push save button.
To create a new transaction of your products between warehouses hover your mouse over the “New” button on the top of the transactions menu. This window will open:
As you may notice, in order to create new transaction you will have to fill in the next fields:
- From - choose one of your warehouses. This will be the one from which transaction is made;
- To - click on one of the item of the drop down list to select, where to the goods should be transferred;
- Product - one more drop down list, it will list all product on source warehouse, there will be a search field to make it easier to find the needed product;
- On hand - when you will select a product, the number in this field will show how many of that item do you have in stock in your source warehouse. This field cannot be changed;
- Quantity - input here how many items do you want to transfer.
If you have done everything right, the create new transaction window should look like this:
For example on this picture we are moving five of ten accessible items of our test product from main warehouse to second warehouse. Please note that you can make transaction of more than one item at the time by pressing Add an item button. Afterwards, just press the blue Create button and the process is complete. You can check how did it save the information by checking out the transaction details.
EasyERP inventory management module allows you to view all the information about the transactions of products in a simple and efficient manner. To open up transaction details window, press on any of the item row displayed in the transactions main menu. Please have in mind, that you will have to create a new transaction, because you cannot view details of non existent procedure. When you do open the details window it will look like this:
As you can see transaction detail window consist of a number of elements. On the left side you can see a short list of all transactions that already took place in chronological order, newest on top. If you check the box left to the transaction name you will be able to delete the transaction. In our example there is only one. If you have a lot of them, you can explore them faster and more efficient by using the search bar on top. To search by name, simply print it in the field. Also you can filter all transactions by:
- From - select the source warehouse;
- To - select the target warehouse;
- Status - select one of four stages of transaction.
On the right side there is a transaction control panel. The name of the transaction, creation date, tracking reference and shipping method are displayed here as you can see on the image above. Also in this menu you can move it through stages, by pressing on the corresponding buttons. Already finished stages will have a date displayed in their field in green color, it is the exact date when transaction had passed the stage. In our example, as you can see, transaction already had finished three of four stages, this means that package had not been yet received by the targeted warehouse. If you need detailed explanations of stages, please see the main transaction menu chapter.
To print or send by email the transaction note, please press the corresponding buttons above the stages panel.
Every inventory management system or business overall sooner or later has to face unexpected conditions. To prepeare you for such conditions EasyERP has the ability to delete transactions between your warehouses. Have in mind, that if the product or products are already shipped then you cannot delete the transactions, because it will mess up your listings.
To delete a transaction check in the box left to the name, then button New will change to the button Delete. You can do this in the main transaction menu or in the transaction details window, as you can see on this image:
You can select one or a few of transactions, in the main transaction menu you can select all transactions on the page by checking the box in the column identifier. The last step for deleting the transaction is to press the Delete button and confirm the procedure in the browser confirmation dialogue window.View the original page