- Switching view
- Adding new product
- Product info
- Edit Product
- Publishing Product
- Deleting Product
Product is anything that can be offered to a market that might satisfy a want or need. When you open this segment you will see all products that are registered in EasyERP. At first, naturally, you will see none. You have to add them manually, or by importing your already existing listing from other source. When you do so they will all be displayed in chronological order, newly added are on top, oldest – at the bottom. Also you can add bundles of your products.
EasyERP inventory management system has a powerful sorting and search capabilities, that can adjust to your needs. You can sort products by any parameter, just by clicking on the column identifier. And you can search by any field you like, also, create your own filters, similar as we did with persons filter for a comfortable view of your products. Here is the list of fields displayed in this menu:
- Image – the picture of your product;
- Product name – the unique label of a product;
- SKU – stock keeping unit;
- Variants – number of product variations;
- Product type – the definitive category of your product;
- Product categories – name of the group or groups, that your product belongs to;
- On hand – how many items are currently available for sale;
- Fulfilled – number of items currently ordered, packed, but not yet shipped;
- In stock – how many items are located on your warehouses;
- Channel – through what channel was this product published or imported.
Of course, you can also change product information. To do so just click on the product, regardless are you in list or kanban view.
All product are displayed in listview, by default. To browse all your product by category switch to kanban view. You can do this by pressing button on the top right, to switch back to list view press the hamburger icon, as you can see here:
Adding new product
If you decided to manually fill your inventory, then you have to press "New" button on the upper left side of the screen.
As you can see, here you will add all important information about a product in 4 accessible tabs, which we will describe further on:
When you fill up all fields that you find necessary press Create, and the product will be added.
First tab of adding new item menu to this inventory management system is named "Product info", here rests data that identifies your product. Below is a better explanation of all available fields and checkboxes:
- Image box - click to add a photo of your product;
- Name - how your product will be named in the system, this field is mandatory;
- Can be sold - check it if you plan to sell this product;
- Can be expensed - check it if your product is component or part for which no authorized repair procedure exists, and/or the cost of repair would exceed cost of its replacement;
- Can be purchased - check it if you plan to buy this product from some other source;
- Product type - select a type that is most suited for your product. You can only select one type. This field is mandatory. You can add product types in the Settings menu in Product types tab;
- Product Categories - select a category or few that is most suited for your product. You can add product types in the kanban view;
- Model/SKU - A stock keeping unit (SKU) is a product and service identification code for a store or product, often portrayed as a machine-readable bar code that helps track the item for inventory;
- UPC - The Universal Product Code (UPC) is a 12-digit barcode symbology that is widely used in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and in other countries for tracking trade items in stores;
- ISBN - is the acronym for International Standard Book Number. This 10 or 13-digit number identifies a specific book, an edition of a book, or a book-like product (such as an audiobook)
- EAN - is a 13-digit barcode symbology, which is a superset of the original 12-digit Universal Product Code(UPC).
You can choose one or several types of inventory codes to mark your products with. Which one to select depends on your location, business area and personal preference.
In the second tab of this inventory management menu you can fill in stock related information about your product, such as:
- Weight - the weight of your product. Note: use dot “.” as a decimal point and don`t write abbreviations like "kg", "gr" etc in this field;
- Minimum stock level - amount that always has to be present in your warehouse, if left out empty will be set to 0;
- Reorder quantity - how many units should be reordered if a supply of your product equals its minimum;
- Default location - standard position of an item, fill in to ease search of your product.
Last three parameters are available to complete for two warehouses, your main and overstock warehouse.
You can see an example of filling out these fields in EasyERP on this screenshot:
In this tab you can bundle your new product with already created ones, this can be useful in a variety of situations, your imagination is the limit. To do so, follow next instructions:
- Type in a product name or SKU in Name|SKU field. You can also input just a part of a name or SKU, the system will find all suitable products and display them below the search field;
- Click on the needed product, and it will be shown on the right part of the form;
- Input the quantity of a product you wish to add to the bundle.
If you have any questions see the example below.
Here you can set the price for your freshly created product. EasyERP allows you a wide range of price management. You can set the price for different quantities of sale. For example, if you sell 1 item, the price will be 100$, but if someone buys 100 items then the price per item will drop to 90$.
Also you can set the prices for different price lists. To do so, simply switch the tab by clicking on the needed pricelist name. To create new price list go to Settings/Product Configurations/Price list. For example see the screenshot below:
Chances are at some point you will need to change some information about your products. To access edit menu you will have to click on your product in any view. If you do this, next window will appear:
You can edit all information that you have inputted creating the product or add some new data. Please note that, if your current product is a bundle you will have an additional tab, where you can change bundle related info. Also, on the left side of the screen you can see the list of all your products with a search bar on top. So you can easelly access the next one you want to edit from here. If you want to sort your products in this windows simply press the hamburger icon, and all fields available for sorting will appear, to sort with the same criteria in reverse order just click on that field again.
EasyERP has a powerful instrument to create variants of your products. This can be very helpful when you have multiple products that differ from each other with one or several parameters. For example white t-shirts of different sizes. You don’t have to create a separate product for each size, all you have to do is to create one product and add some variants to it, in our example these are sizes. But first you will have to register this variants in the system. To do so go to Settings/Product configuration/Product options.
To create variants of your product go to Create Variants tab. For instance here we will add variants to our test t-shirt:
In the Create Variants tab you can select product options that will define your product. These options are tied to product type. For instance this product type, T-shirt, has only one possible option - size. If you create more variants they will be displayed in different boxes. So, to create variants of this test T-shirt you will have to check in the box with the product option, then mark that variants that this product comes in. For example this T-shirt comes only in m, l, and xl sizes.
To apply this adjustments tap the Create Variants button. Then a list with all the variants will display. To save the changes press Save Variants button. This action will close the edit product window. If you open it up again you will see that the Create variants tab changed to Edit variants, and has two additional tabs Create SKUs and Add options.
In the Create SKUs tab you can set a personal SKU for each of the variants of the product, because by the default all of them have the same SKU as the product that we created, in our case it is “Test0001”. You can set a different SKU for all of the variants at once by typing it to Set to all field and taping Apply button. To set personal SKU for each variant simply type it in the field that is located opposite the name of the one, as you can see here:
To save the changes tap the Save SKUs button.
In the second new tab you can add options to your product. Keep in mind that to do so you have to add the option and assign it to needed product type beforehand in the Settings menu. To delete variant you can go to product edit window and click on a bucket icon next to the variant:
Note: main product isn`t different from other variants. Neither main product is tied to variants nor variants are tied to it. This means, if you need to you delete the main product you can do that without any consequences. In result of this action the product created second will be assigned as main.
EasyERP has a powerful integration tool. Using it you can synchronize all of your product and order related data with shops running on Magento, Shopify or Etsy. The process of sending your product data from EasyERP to other platform is called publishing. But before you can do this you must have an integration channel created, this can be done in Settings/Integrations. To begin the publishing procedure, please tap the Publish to channel button.
In the opened window you will have to select integration channel and a price list. You can create your own price lists with different prices for different shops in the Settings/Product configurations/Price list. You can only publish to one channel at a time. If you want to publish the product to several channels you will have to do this all procedure for each integration channel. Once you have selected this options press Continue, as you can see here.
Next, you will see an already familiar window with a list of your products. Select one or multiple products that you wish to publish by taping the box to the left of product. When you have done so the blue publish button will appear at the top of the window. When you have selected all the products you wish to publish, press the Publish button.
If the product meets the requirements of the platform and the publishing process was done right you will see a “Successfully published” message at the top right corner of the screen. Also you will see an icon of the integration channel in the Channel column.
In case that you have published the wrong product or you just decided to publish another, you can always Unpublish it. To do so press the Unpublish from channel button, it is located next to the Publish button. After, you will have to select a channel, from which you wish to unpublish a product in this window:
When you have selected a channel, press Continue. This action will display all your currently published product on the selected channel. Select the ones you wish to unpublish, by tapping on the boxes of the corresponding products, to finish the process, please press the Unpublish button, as you can see here:
To delete a product or products is a simple task. To do so you have to be in listview, mark the product that you plan to remove by checking the box left to its description. You can select all the products on the page by checking the box in the first column identifier. Now New Product button turned to Delete button. Next, just click on Delete button, and confirm removal in browser confirmation dialogue window.View the original page