Journal in the EasyERP accounting module is a set of templates for journal entries. This instrument will help you a lot if you will ever need to create a lot of similar manual entries. Or to save some unusual transaction that you have spent a lot of time figuring out which accounts had to be used in that entry. Using this menu you can assign a specific name for your entry, so next time when you will need it, you will be able to find it easily and quickly. This way you will not need to manually find the necessary accounts.
To access this menu simply tap on the Journal button in the main menu.
Afterward, a journal menu will open. You will be available to see all of your journals here. They are displayed in a form of a table. This chart has four columns:
- Journal name - the identifier name of the journal. This is a custom field, that you type in the process of creating an accounting journal. The name will help you to distinguish one template from another and the title of a journal should describe the action that he is representing;
- Transaction - this column will show the type of transaction that this journal is representing, it can be one of four possible options: Accrual, Invoice, Payment, Write Off. It will not influence the template, the sole purpose of this field is to categorize the journals. We will clear out what does this options mean later;
- Debit Account and Credit Account - these two fields will show what accounts are used in the particular journal.
Let us explain what types of transactions are available in EasyERP Accounting module:
- Accrual - is a type of accumulation procedure. This kind of transaction is used in accounting to collect sums that should be transferred to another account only when the needed sum is reached or only after some period of time, for example at the end of the month, or after 60 days;
- Invoice - this type of transaction is responsible for selling any kind of product or service;
- Payment - occurs when you or your company pays for some goods or services;
- Write-Off - is a reduction in the recorded amount of an asset. A write-off occurs upon the realization that an asset no longer can be converted into cash, can provide no further use to a business, or has no market value.
You can easily edit the already created journal simply by tapping on the field you want to edit and typing in the new name or selecting a new transaction type or account from the drop down list. For a more comfortable browsing through the journal or templates, you can use sorting capabilities of the EasyERP accounting module. To sort all items in the table by any field simply tap on the corresponding column identifier. To sort them in a reverse order just tap again.
Create a journal
Creating a journal to use right now or for future benefit is a very good idea. And a simple to achieve too. We will fully describe the process of creating a journal in the EasyERP Accounting module in this documentation chapter.
To begin the creation process tap on New button at the top of the Journal menu:
Keep in mind that you can create any number of this journals to make the accounting process in EasyERP easier and faster. When you have pressed the New button this menu will be displayed:
As you can see, here you will have to type in the name of a journal first. If you want to read more description about each field read the overview on Journal. Then select a transaction type, debit and credit accounts from the drop-down lists. In order to find the necessary account faster use the search bar in the drop down list, like you can see here:
Please note that you can only select one account for debit and credit and only one pair for an entry. To create journal entries that use more than two accounts in a single transaction you will have to use a manual entry.
When you have completed all the fields press Create button to confirm and finalize the creation of the journal. Or tap the Cancel button to dismiss any changes done.
That’s all, you have successfully created a journal. Now you can select it when creating a manual entry.
Delete a journal
If a certain journal is in your way, is out of date or simply was created by mistake EasyERP accounting module gives you the possibility to always delete it. If the journal is truly not needed anymore it will bring no changes to your accounting process and system database. All the manual entries that were created using this journal will only lose the journal source name, but still be valid and the transaction will not be deleted from the system. This means that if you delete something by mistake it will only bring you discomfort, but it won’t lead to any financial changes or loses.
The process of deletion of a journal is very similar to the same process for any other entity in EasyERP. To begin simply tap the corresponding checkbox, that is located to the left of the account you want to delete. In result, the New button will turn into Delete button. If you want to delete several journals, now is the time to tap the checkboxes of that accounts. When you are finished tap the Delete button. All you need to do to finish the process is to confirm the deletion in the browser dialogue window.View the original page