Stock detail (or inventory report) is the report showing what you currently have in stock. All the transactions with your products moving in or out will be reflected in Stock detail in real time. You can check total stock on hand for every single product you have, as well as use filters to view inventory by warehouse, product name, date of receiving, cost and retail value.
Stock detail report will usually look something like this:
This report is generated mainly for analytical and decision-making purposes, there is no extra functionality here to take further actions (except those covered below). The Stock detail report shows you the total quantity and value of all your items across all your warehouses. It includes the following:
- SKU – model/unit identification code;
- Product name – item name;
- Options – item options/variants;
- Warehouse – the warehouse where the item is currently located;
- Received date – the date when the item arrived to your warehouse;
- PO reference – the number of item’s purchase order;
- Aisle/Bay/Shelf/Bin – numbers marking the exact item location down to a bin;
- In stock – total quantity of items;
- Low stock – the number set to trigger a warning to purchase more items;
- Allocated – quantity of items packed and set aside for shipping;
- On hand – quantity of items available for transactions;
- Unit cost – cost per unit as purchased;
- Total cost – total cost of all items available.
Use the column identifiers to sort items in ascending or descending order. Or you may also use filters in the search box on top of the page to search by product, warehouse, SKU, etc.
The overall total is displayed at the bottom of the report both for quantities and costs. You can set the page to show 25, 50, 100 or 200 records per page.
One possible option for inventory management here is to transfer items (or part of them) from one location to another within the warehouse. To do so, use the ‘arrow’ icon next to every stock item:
As you click on it, a pop-up window will appear on your screen with the product and its current warehouse location (4-digit marking for aisle/bay/shelf/bin). Specify the quantity of items to transfer and new location code, and click Transfer.View the original page